Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Thomas Edison Where are You?

We made some serious headway today on the new website. It will be an ongoing, dynamic process for quite some time but it is nearly to the point where we can begin beta testing it with live people. I am JACKED, to say the least.


It's really a testament (or indictment, depending on your point of view) of how technology has impacted the life of the average American. Here I am, with no "job" to speak of. However, I am so excited that I find it hard to wind down at night in order to go to sleep. When my eyes open in the morning, the first thing I do is head to the laptop to check out my online concerns. As the photo shows, this is what happens every night at our abode. We are internet ensconced.


It's not such a bad thing. This is the age of information. The old ways of doing things are nearly dead. We are living in the middle of a state that is in desperate financial straits, yet we are stoked at the possibilities that living in the information age affords us. We are all living on the edge of a new frontier. I would guess that one more generation-shift and the old ways will be nothing more than history lessons (in our online textbooks, no doubt).


It's time to face facts. The industrial age is over. Welcome to a new era.

No comments: