Monday, March 26, 2007

Thinking of Puerto Rico


I was reading an email from our good friend in Puerto Rico just a bit ago. It made me think about our time there. Definitely bittersweet memories.


While we were there we made very close friends, but suffered some very tragic events as well. It certainly was better weather-wise. Anyone that knows me knows that I am not a cold weather person. The year-round warm climate is what I miss most I suppose (besides our amazing friends).

What I don't miss are the bugs. Huge roaches, tarantulas, centipedes, scorpions, big flat spiders, biting ants and more. Hope you enjoy the photo.

The other thing I am glad about is being out of the culture-adaptation bubble. I consider myself a pretty flexible person but I admit I had a hard time with some of the cultural differences there. Let me just say it's good to be back on the home turf, but I will expound on all that in later posts.
I did leave the house today to go for a walk with Robin. She had to drag me out, and I had to put on a sweatshirt, but I did leave. It wasn't too bad! A little cool, a little windy, but all in all (for here) a nice walk. I prefer 70 degrees or warmer, but that's from our time in Puerto Rico, Nicaragua and Florida.
Finally, it's cool to sleep without netting every night but I also miss showering outdoors under the stars. Ups and downs, but more ups than down for sure.


No comments: